Frank Wang, System VP, IDN Decision Support Analytics, Health First, Inc.
The healthcare industry has been facing challenges, specifically in the areas of cost, quality, and accessibility for decades. The problem-focused approaches have created some improvements, but they still leave a multitude of opportunities to drive continued advancements in the delivery of healthcare. Big Data & Artificial Intelligence will be the driving force for the new age of healthcare transformation.
1. Big Data & AI will enable the operational process of reengineering pharmaceutical distribution. Big Data analytics will help case management systems to further advance into the medication management, distribution, and education fields. AI will provide more efficient personalized medication management facilitated by the case management process, in order to centralize the medication management process and build the distribution mechanisms. Big data and AI will not only provide the care recommendations to both care givers and patients, but also guide patients in the whole care process from the disease prevention, treatment, to rehab gaming facilitation. This will also help build population of health management systems.
2. Both Big Data & AI will help to balance personalized care with population health management. They will assist in building evidencebased directional pathways, which will in turn assist the continuation of standardizing the clinical process. Personalized medication and care will help to fine tune the models built based on size of the population.
“Big Data & AI will help to balance personalized care with population health management.”
3. Educational organizations will gain the best possible benefits from adopting Big Data & AI systems. Learning from insightful patterns via utilizing Big Data & AI will provide powerful advantages to continuously improve the clinical process and care pathways. To apply Big data analytics and AI will shorten the learning process and optimize the knowledge management process. To apply the knowledge learned, it requires the organization’s capability to manage the changes.
4. Big Data & AI will play an essential role for building better patient engagement programs. Personalized lifestyle advisory and group-based AI-guided engagement programs will help with building a healthier, happier community. To adopt the Big Data and AI will help improving the communications between patients and care givers, between patients and patients, and between the healthcare organizations and groups.
5. The broader and deeper adoption of Big Data and AI will encourage more innovation & evolution in the areas of regulations and policies. The essential requirements for connection and sharing for building the foundation of big data and AI will help all entities in the healthcare industry to learn and develop the best approach to coordinate to advance from process measurements focused strategy to value focused delivery strategy.
6. Big Data & AI will help to create new rules for competition in Healthcare industry. Big data and AI will help to reinforce a healthcare organization’s service differentiation. A future success healthcare organization is the one who make Big Data and AI adoption a core strength of the organization.
This content is copyright protected
However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the link below: